In the Vienna cafes
Vienna is considered one of the coffee capitals. Each her inhabitant has the favourite cafe, and at its choice as on a horoscope, it is possible to find out almost all about the person.
And not to get to an unpleasant situation, some easy rules are necessary the nobility.
Rules of the Vienna cafes
- In Vienna coffee submit only the natural. And your phrase of "eine Tasse Bohnenkaffee" (a cup of natural coffee) can be interpreted as a hint on expected poor quality of drink.
- You not усвоют if you ask "ein Kannchen Kaffee". In the Austrian coffee houses simply do not submit some coffee in circles.
- Also do not forget that in the international word "Kaffee" the accent should be put on the second syllable.
- That in your cup there was a white cap of whipped cream, tell «Kaffee mit Schlagobers» or «mit Schlag». To Mocha and Espresso cream orders separately.
- The small cup of coffee will be called as "Kleinen" and if it will want to sit in cafe more long, order a huge cup – «Grossen».
- In coffee houses of Vienna not simply drink coffee, and are charmed by it!
Completely to feel a coffee originality in a Vienna way, remember certain words which, by all means, will be necessary.
In the Vienna cafes
- «Grosser Schwarzer» – so demand a tax double the express;
- will tell «Kleiner Brauner», and in a small cup from the express will add a little milk;
- the mysterious word "Franziskaner" means colour of a cassock of the monk-Franciscan, i.e. it is slightly more than milk;
- the next joyful word "Kapuziner", colour of coffee corresponds to vestments of Capuchins;
- it is easy to guess that «Schale Gold» will appear rather weak coffee of golden colour;
- «Nussbraun» — coffee of colour of a nutlet;
- it is not necessary to be released from «Fiaker», at it unique taste of cherry brandy;
- and here Kaffee Maria Theresia components are a coffee, cream and orange liqueur;
- «Eiskaffee» will be pleasant in summer heat since coffee will appear cool with vanilla ice-cream and whipped cream;
- will order «Kaisermelange»