St. Ruprecht’s (Ruprechtskirche) church
Ruprekhtskirkh (Ruprechtskirche) is an oldest church of Vienna, actually, she is the coeval of the small town. The architecture of this temple belongs to Romance style. The church in 796-829 is constructed. It was the 1st structure at these edges after leaving of the Roman armies which have reserved the ashes. The church Ruprekhtskirkh became a revival emblem.
Round it the settlement has promptly started to expand. In historical documents of 881 years it is mentioned as Venia. For years of existence the temple suffered more than once from fires, was reconstructed and altered. Till 1147 Rupertskirkh was the main church of Vienna.
Choruses in the temple have been built in the XIII century, the fine stained-glass window with the image of the Blessed Virgin with the Kid is dated 1370. Bells have been made and established in 1280. The southern nave have built in the XV century. Visit of the capital of Austria in 1439 the tsar of the Sacred Roman Empire Friedrich III is noted by "AEIOU 1439" plate.
In 1622 the temple have thoroughly reconstructed in Baroque style. The temple was exposed to significant restoration after bombings and fires of the 2nd world war.
The temple is devoted to Sacred Rupert Zaltsburgskomu – to the Christian missionary, the prelate who is considered the patron of dealers in salt. Sacred Rupert’s sculpture with a keg of salt is established in Ruprekhtskirkh. In the Middle Ages in the temple Hydrochloric management settled down – after all it has been placed near pier.
At present this temple does not work as operating parish church. In it concerts of church music, excursion, an exhibition are held. Colourful small quarter round the temple in the people have christened the Bermuda Triangle (Bermuda Dreieck) because of an abundance of the bars located in it. The old church Ruprechtskirche very exotically looks on their background.